Thursday, August 29, 2013

BEDA Day 29: OPI vs. Essie Nail Polish Battle

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 29 of BEDA,

We are down to the last few posts now...

I am sitting here writing this blog post outside and enjoying one of the last few good weather days we have left in Vancouver... I hope you all are doing awesome and enjoying the last few days of summer.

Today we are doing another battle post. We started off BEDA with a battle of the Cleansing Waters (click here to read it) but today we do something a little different and that is Nail Polish.

Two of the most popular Nail Polish brands out there are OPI and Essie they are both popular in their own rights and they both have some great merits and different people will prefer different brands so today I am going to tell you which one I prefer and why so let's get started...

OPI: 

OPI Nail Polishes have been cult favourites for years, probably because of their wide range of dynamic shades and superb lasting quality. I own a few shades from OPI and can confidently say that I like them very much but having said that I do have some downfalls to the OPI range of polishes which I will tell you about.



One of the major downfalls for me is the brush. The brush on the OPI polishes is quite large and although that may work for some people, it does not work for those with shorter nails or thinner nails (like me). See the accompanying picture of the brush so you can see how massive it truly is.

Another downfall to the OPI range is the thickness of the formula. Although the thickness does make for a really great long lasting wear it does not make for a smooth application process especially for novice or unskilled nail polish wearers. I tend to go for things based on their ease of application and this is not simple to use.

One of the nice things about the formula or the OPI shades is that it requires fewer coats to make an impact on your nails.

Essie: 


Essie Nail Polishes hail from The UK and are quite popular over their and have just recently made their way across the pond and into our hearts. I own quite a few Essie shades and I adore them. Their shade range is not as dynamic as that of OPI and they offer much more lighter, opaque, pastel shades but they are very versatile and easy to use. I am going to talk about some of the things that I just adore about Essie polishes.

The Brush. As you can see from the picture, the brush that accompanies the Essie range of polishes is much smaller and easier to use in application and unlike the brush on the OPI polishes, it is much more efficient for smaller nails.

The formulation on the Essie Nail Polishes is quite thin and although some people may not prefer that, I like the ease of application that it offers and for me, less mistakes are made.

The thinner formula does however, require more coats that OPI. 

Now both nail polish brands, as I mentioned above, have their merits and it is all based on personal preference. I hope I can aide in your decision making process.

I hope you enjoyed Day 29 of BEDA and I will see you tomorrow for another review but this time it has nothing to do with beauty or skincare. Check it out tomorrow...

Stay Happy!

- Cate W.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips