Thursday, November 7, 2013

October 2013 Favourites

Hello everyone,

Hope you enjoyed your week.

Please let me know in the comments below if there is anything in particular you would like to see in terms of reviews or specific posts that you would like.

I have some decor posts coming up as well so that should keep things interesting.

I am going to be doing my October Favourites today and I have a variety of items including makeup as well as skincare so I hope you enjoy!

As always I would love to hear about your favourites as well so make sure to leave them in the comments below and if you have tried any of these products be sure to tell me if you liked them or your experience with them.

Let's get rolling...

All My October Favourites 



Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroom Mist in Warm Milk and Honey

I have insomnia. It sucks. I have been trying more natural ways to try to get to sleep. I tried actually drinking warm milk and honey but that ended up breaking me out. This scent is very calming and relaxing and I find that once you get into a routine of using it every single day your body will know that once you smell this scent it is time to go to sleep. 


Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion

I shared this product in my tag questions post (If you haven't read that the link is here, I answer questions to help you all get to know me a little better) as one of my favourite moisturizers for night time and it still reins true. I saw this mentioned in YouTube beauty Guru MakeupByTiffanyD's video last year and I immediately purchased it. It is not too pricey considering the size you get. I use this in the winter time when my skin gets particularly dry. I used it last year and I recently purchased 2 new bottles for this year. It is a light consistency so it is not too heavy and it does not leave a greedy residue but it still gets the job done and my skin never feels dry. 


Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Brightening Daily Scrub 

I remember seeing this in Ingrid Nilsen  (MissGlamorazzi) on YouTube Products I Regret Buying Video and was a bit scared of by it. She said she didn't like it because she preferred more abrasive scrubs but if you know me, I don't so I decided to give it a whirl and I really like it and it is not too scrubby which is great for sensitive skin like mine. 

                                                                      

Andalou Naturals Blue Geranium Creamy Clay Mask 

As I mentioned above, milk has made me break out lately and I have been trying to really get my skin back on track and clay masks are great for drawing out impurities and clarifying your skin so your breakouts heal faster and I love this clay mask because it does not sting. So many clay masks I find sting really badly so to find one that doesn't irritate my skin is always a relief. I would recommend giving this a shot if your skin is breaking out. 


Bobbi Brown Classic Eye and Cheek Palette

I got this as a 500 point perk from Sephora along with a couple other items from Bobbi Brown and I love it, it is so easy and small and compact. I don't wear a ton of eye makeup but this has some great shades inside for an easy eye look, especially the shimmery colour on the top right called "Heather Mauve" I also use the one underneath that called "Mahogany" to fill in my brows. 



Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm

This product I mentioned in my Shopper's Drug Mart Haul post I did in September and I mentioned in that post that I loved it and I still do especially now that it is getting colder and my lips are more chapped. This really helps, especially if I slather it on at night and I wake up with smooth buttery lips. 


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in the colour Asia

You can probably tell I love this since it is almost finished but luckily I have a standby handy. I love this lipstick it is super easy to wear and lasts a long time but most importantly, the colour is perfect it would suit any skin type!!


So there you have it, another October Favourites over and done with. 

Next week I am doing a special decor post so hopefully you will enjoy the little switch up and on the 21st I will be posting my 50th blog post that I have been working on for a couple weeks now. It is a huge post with a lot of products and is taking a while to get the pictures sorted and info written down. If you follow me on Twitter you will know how excited I am to get that post up. 

As always, if you have any comments, or questions, or requests don't hesitate to leave them in the comments section as I love to hear from all of you.

Hope you have a great week!

Stay Happy!

- Cate W. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips