Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cate Reviews: Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

Hello Everyone,


Hope you had a fabulous time ringing in the New Year with friends and loved ones.

Today I am back with another skincare review post. As frequent readers of this blog will know, I suffer from horrendous (in my mind) acne scarring on my forehead. I have been on a hunt to minimize the appearance of these spots. My beloved Rose Hip Oil does help but I wanted to try out a serum type product that would hopefully work much more effectively and I decided to head on out and try the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution and now that I have finished the entire bottle, I can do an honest and complete review so keep on reading to hear my thoughts.

*Clicking on pictures will bring you to purchasing details and product information. 





Product Info: This serum will run you around $50.00 for the 30ml size (which is the one I used up). You can also get it in a 50ml for $76.00 and a 100ml for $130.00. I went with the smallest size because I wanted to see if it was worth the price before I hopped in and paid the big bucks for a larger size. 

Consistency: The serum is very light, not like an oil, almost a bit thicker than water. It is very easy to apply with the dropper provided and it absorbs quite quickly into the skin. 

How I used it: After cleansing and toning I applied around 5 or 6 drops on my face (concentrating on my forehead area) and then waited at least five minutes before applying moisturizer over top. 

*Quick Tip: Always wait at least 5 minutes after applying serum before you apply anything like moisturizer over top. The serum needs a bit of time to fully absorb into your skin and start working. If you apply moisturizer to quickly after, your skin will not see the benefits of the serum. 


Final Thoughts: I would definitely not purchase this again. I did not see any results or diminishing of my dark spots when using this product. I even stopped using Rose Hip Oil because I wanted to see if this worked on it's own but it really didn't. It is also super pricey and considering that it didn't give me any results, I would not recommend this to anyone else. 


I hope you enjoyed this review post. If you have tried this product, let me know your thoughts in the comments below. I am still on the lookout for a new dark spot serum so let me know what you recommend and your favourites. 

Until Next Time...

Stay Happy!!

- Cate W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips