Friday, May 16, 2014

90's Kid Tag featuring Cate & Meg

So this tag video has been going around YouTube for quite a bit now and since Meg and I are both 90's gals and proud of it, we thought we would answer these questions in a fun post.

1. Favourite Disney film?
Image Courtesy of www.disney.wikia.com
Cate: Oh there are so many to choose from. This is such a tough question. I think the one I watched over and over again and sang along to as a young one was definitely The Lion King but I also really love Cinderella and The Little Mermaid. 

Meg: It's also really hard for me to choose this one. Ultimately, I would have to say Beauty and the Beast because growing up I felt I was the reincarnation of Belle, but Aladdin is a close second.

2. NSYNC or Backstreet Boys?
Image Courtesy of www.hypable.com
Cate: Definitely NSYNC. I did not really hear about Backstreet Boys too much, but NSYNC was all the rage in my school.

Meg: NSYNC for sure. Though my first love was the Spice Girls.

3. Favourite music artist?
Image Courtesy of www.virgin.com
Cate: Definitely The Spice Girls. I was obsessed with them to the point where I watched the movie over and over again and collected Spice Girls gum. My cousins and I would dress up as them and hold performances. I was always Baby Spice because I was the youngest.

Meg: The Spice Girls have a special place in my heart. My friends and I even performed as the Spice Girls in the school talent show in the 3rd grade. I was Sporty Spice.

4. Favourite candy/sweet?
Image Courtesy of www.wikipedia.org
Cate: I am not a huge candy person, but I really did love Sour Keys and Tootsie Rolls. 

Meg: Any of the 5 cent candy at 7/11 or Nerds or Pop Rocks. Or any candy really.

5. Weirdest fashion trend?
Image Courtesy of www.shoeslatest.com
Cate: Oh there were so many. Lime green pants, highlighter yellow GAP sweatshirts but my favourite one was bubble wedge shoes that I just had to have.

Image Courtesy of www.lyst.com
Meg: I had to have these baby blue flared cords... I'm not sure why. I think I ended up wearing them twice.

6. Favourite game console & game?
Image Courtesy of www.gioteck.com
Cate: I did not play many games as a child but I did own a Super Nintendo which I got for my birthday one year (that was used more often by my brother than by me) and I loved playing Donkey Kong.

Meg: We had two consoles, our Classic Nintendo which I loved playing mostly Classic Mario on and our Sega Genesis which I loved playing Sonic the hedgehog, Aladdin, and Toe Jam and Earl.

7. What would you watch after school?
Cate: 90's TV was so amazing. In the early 90's I would watch a lot of Arthur after school but once I got older that changed to Full House.

Meg: My sister and I loved watching Full House, 7th Heaven, Saved by the Bell and Friends. Luckily we had similar tastes in television!

8. Favourite book?
Cate: As you may know, Meg and I both love reading so there are endless amounts of books that can fit here but my favourite book that I constantly went back to easy titled From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konisburg about a brother and a sister who run away from home and stay in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. This book always made my imagination run wild as a kid.

Image Courtesy of www.numberthestarsmovie.com
Meg: I loved Number the Stars and the Diary of Anne Frank. I was pretty obsessed with anything to do with the Holocaust when I was younger.

9. Favourite clothing store?
Cate: As a Canadian, we didn't have a lot of the cool stores some of the American's talked about in their videos but I do remember shopping at a store called Mariposa quite often. They had affordable, trendy clothes.

Meg: I remember ogling clothes at Bootlegger a lot, though it was pretty pricey so I don't think I actually bought very much there.

10. A 90s beauty memory?
Image Courtesy of www.soap.com
Cate: Well, I did not wear much makeup in the 90's as I was a little too young for that but I was quite obsessed with Lip Smackers and wanted them in every flavour.

Meg: I also loved Lip Smackers! I remember my childhood best friend and I putting on bright blue lipstick... not our best look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips