Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter


There has been a bit of a craze lately with alternative cleansing methods, particularly cleansing butters, balms, and oils. I think it may have started with the infamous Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish or the Eve Lom Cleansing Balm which are both on the pricey side. I received a sample of the Eve Lom version a while back and got a chance to see what all the hype was about and to be quite honest, I didn't care for it so I was reluctant to try another alternative cleansing form for a while before i heard people raving about this one. 

The Sumptuous Camomile Cleansing Butter by The Body Shop is a cleansing butter rather than a balm and different in texture and overall use. Today I am going to share with your my thoughts on this highly raved about product.


Product Info: This product will run you around $16.00 Canadian but the great thing about The Body Shop is that they always have offers like Buy 2 and get 1 free so you can pick up other products as well. 

Consistency: This product definitely has a butter like consistency (hence the name). I have also heard many people liken it to Coconut Oil because it is a hard butter but once it comes into contact with the warmth of your skin, it melts and turns into an oil consistency. 


How I Use It: So as most cleansing butters, balms, and oils I apply this to my dry skin and work the butter into my skin and let it do its job by breaking up the makeup I have applied. Once I feel my makeup has been dissolved a bit I go ahead and add a bit of water which turns the consistency into a milky cleanser. After I add the water I use a damp muslin cloth (wash cloth) and this works to take off the makeup and gently exfoliate the skin at the same time. 

My Thoughts: Compared to other balms and oils I have tried, I like this product quite a bit. I am not generally a fan of using a muslin cloth (wash cloth) to remove my makeup because I can find it quite unsanitary but I think if you have multiple cloths and wash them on a regular basis it should be fine.  I do find that sometimes I have to use this butter twice in once night because if my makeup is heavier, it won't all be removed with one application so that does waste some product but it is at the same time better than using multiple cleansing wipes because it breaks down makeup better. A plus is that it is quite handy for travel; The Body Shop rep said because the cleanser does not qualify as a liquid, it is easy to put in your carry on. 

Overall: I think I would definitely repurchase this to use on days when I wear a lot of makeup because it does help remove every last piece and I can feel confident enough that my makeup is gone for the day. 

I hope you enjoyed this review. Please leave me a comment letting me know if you have tried a cleansing butter, balm, or oil and what you thought of the whole experience and whether or not you have fully converted to that method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips