Sunday, August 3, 2014

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies: Original Recipe by Butter With a Side of Bread

I normally do cooking posts on this site and I love to cook don't get me wrong but I also enjoy baking. The only problem with baking for me is that I don't have too much of a sweet tooth so I always have so much left over but, I decided to share the love with these cookies and give them to neighbours and co-workers.

Today I decided to make some delicious oatmeal cookies with toffee bits instead of the traditional chocolate chip cookies. 

I found this recipe on the lovely blog Butter With a Side of Bread. They feature lots of great recipes and not just baking but tonnes of mains as well so definitely hop on over and give their site a peak. 

I am going to show you how I made these. For the Original Recipe and list of full ingredients, please check out the original post right here.

*Disclaimer: This recipe is not my own. I found this recipe on the site www.butterwithasideofbread.com and just recreated it. You can find the Original Recipe and Post by clicking here.

*Keep in mind, I doubled this recipe so that I could have lots to give away. 


Firstly, you want to add your dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, salt, and baking soda) to a medium sized bowl and set aside. 


You then want to add your brown sugar as well as your butter to a separate, larger sized mixing bowl.


Add your eggs in as well. 


Make sure to beat with a mixer until all those ingredients are well combined. 


You then want to slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet mixture. I like to do this slowly with a spoon first because I find if I use an electric mixer right off the bat, the flour winds up everywhere. So I wait until the end to use my mixer. 


Finally, you can add your toffee bits to the mixture and mix well. 


Make sure to leave enough room between your cookie balls when lining them on your baking sheet. These cookies expand a great deal. You should bake them for around 10-14 minutes. As the original recipe states, they don't look done once you take them out but don't leave them in your oven because they do harden once remove and your are left with a chewy centre (perfect!).


Lastly, make sure to share cookies with anyone close to you. My family, co-workers, and neighbours loved these and I'm sure the people around you will as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips