Thursday, August 28, 2014

St. Ives Timeless Skin Mineral Clay Firming Mask Facemask Review


As many of you know, I'm a self-proclaimed facemask addict. This time instead of going the individual facemask route (my usual), I'm trying out a squeeze bottle mineral clay firming mask from St.Ives.

I've recently become a huge fan of St.Ives because of their Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer and their Apricot Scrub, so I knew I had to pick up their facemask when I saw it (especially since it was on sale!)

St.Ives claims, due to the kaolin clay in their mask, it will "deep clean while visibly firming and tightening the skin" and I have to say, it does the job!

To use this facemask you apply a thin layer on a freshly cleansed face (giving lips, eyes, and hair a wide berth) and wait 10-15 minutes until it is completely dry until you rinse it off. During this time, I felt the mask become tighter and tighter, until every time I went to open my mouth I felt strangely stiff. Even when I washed the facemask off, there was a still an added tightness to my face- it wasn't uncomfortable or stiff, but instead just felt firmer!

Although the package claims that in addition to the tightening sensation, you may feel a tingling sensation, I did not experience this in comparison to many of the other other facemasks I have tried. It was very brief and subtle, which makes me think those with more sensitive skin would enjoy this facemask (but do a test on your upper, inner arm first as always!).

I was also pleased to see that this product is not tested on animals and doesn't contain animal ingredients (for you vegetarians and vegans out there, yay!) and also is formulated without parabens and phthalates!

Happy facemasking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips