Friday, August 1, 2014

The Good, The Bad, and The Alright: Dry Shampoos

Hello everyone and welcome to the first day of BEDA.

Meg and I are doing blog posts every single day for the month of August so make sure to keep followed to the blog so you don't miss anything exciting.

Today it is time for another comparison post, this time on some of the most popular drugstore dry shampoos.

As a self proclaimed oily haired girl who's natural second day hair grease can probably be used to fry bacon, I appreciate a good dry shampoo and if it costs less, I appreciate it even more. Today I am going to show you which ones I like and which ones I just don't care for.

Batiste Dry Shampoo: Clean and Classic Original Formula 

This is a really popular dry shampoo in the drug store, in fact it has been sold out many times at my local drug stores. We actually just started receiving this dry shampoo in Canada but those of you in the states have had Batiste for a while. 

Texture and Application: I always apply my dry shampoo the same day I wash my hair but in the night time. I find it much better to absorb the oil before it starts than after it is already full of oil. This dry shampoo applies very nicely and evenly but it does leave a very prominent white cast which shows up on my darker hair. 

My Thoughts: I think this dry shampoo does a great job of keeping my hair oil free the next day but the truth is, my hair always looks way too white/ grey when I apply it and it takes me a long time to brush out. People with lighter hair found benefit from this. 

Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo: for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair 

This is the first drugstore shampoo that I was introduced to and I had some very high hopes. This seemed like it was going to be a miracle worker for my oily locks. 

Texture and Application: This applies quite similarly to the Batiste dry shampoo I mentioned earlier  but it does not do the same job as absorbing the oil which is the bad part. It also leaves the dreaded white/grey colour on darker hair as well. 

My Thoughts: This is the worst dry shampoo I have tried at the drug store. It did not give me any volume in my hair, it did not absorb the oil and it left my hair looking just as grey as the Batiste. I would definitely skip this one. 

Dove Refresh and Care: Invigorating Dry Shampoo

I had heard so many great things about this dry shampoo from people on YouTube and other blogs so I was excited to give this a whirl. 

Texture and Application: So this applies very evenly and easily like the ones above but it does not leave a very harsh grey tinge to my hair like the ones above. It does leave a little bit of a grey colour but it is much less of a hassle to brush out than the Tresemme version. 

Overall: This is definitely the best dry shampoo I have tried so far at the drug store. Not only does it absorb the oil, it leaves a fresh and very clean scent, and it adds a lot of extra volume. I have heard people using dry shampoo for added volume as well, even if they just washed their hair and I had never done that before but with this dry shampoo I certainly can. I also appreciate that my hair is not super white after applying this. This is a win win for girls with any hair colour. 

I hope you enjoyed this comparison post. I definitely want to try some more drugstore dry shampoos and review them so leave in the comments below if you have any suggestions for dry shampoos I should try out. 

Make sure to stay tuned tomorrow for a post from Meg!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips