Saturday, August 31, 2013

BEDA Day 31: August 2013 Favourite Products!

So... It is the last day of BEDA and we have made it.

As many of you know I love watching YouTube beauty videos and a trend with many YouTube personalities is doing favourites videos in which they show their favourite products that they discovered or have been loving that month. They are great videos because you get to see what people really use and recommend so I thought I would do that post as my last BEDA post of the season as August comes to a close so let's find out my favourite products for the month of August.






1) The first favourite is the Nivea Harmony Time Shower Cream. 
This body wash features white rose petals and almond milk. The almond milk is extremely nourishing on the skin and the rose petal scent is nice and calming. I use this whenever I shower and it is especially great for the morning time because the scent is nice but not so overpowering so I feel like I wake up calmly. I was using the Olay body wash before that has over a jar of Olay moisturizers inside and although it was moisturizing, the scent was not pleasing whereas this product by Nivea has the best of both worlds. 


2) La Roche Posay Rosaliac Micellar Makeup Removal Gel
If you recall from Day 1 of BEDA, I talked about cleansing waters (link to post here) and I decided to try a new one. I recently realized that I suffer from a mild case of Rosacea on my cheeks and what I love about La Roche Posay is that they have different product lines targeted to different concerns that you may have. The Rosaliac line is specifically for Rosacea and I have to say I love this product. It is a gel formulation so different than other cleansing waters but it is still simple to use with a cotton pad and has absolutely no irritation what so ever.



3) Bath and Body Works Aruba Coconut Body Lotion
I received this as a gift from a friend along with a bunch of other Bath and Body Works lotions but this is my favourite. I love the coconut scent and I love that it is not to strong. It is also highly moisturizing. My only wish is that it came in a huge bottle. 


4) Nivea Aqua Effect Moisturizing Day Cream with SPF 15
I simply adore this moisturizer. My mom told me that her father (who passed away long before I was born) swore by Nivea skincare and he would not look to another brand. I just love how moisturizing this is without being overly greasy. I have used this every single day and will continue to. It is affordable and I would recommend it to anyone. 
*Tip: The moisturizing line of moisturizers from Nivea is geared towards combination to normal skin whereas the nourishing line is geared towards drier skin types.


5) Dior Blush in the shade Pink in Love
I am a self proclaimed blush girl. I love blush and I try out a lot. This blush by Dior is a perfect pink tone and you really get two blushes in one, well three because if you mix the two you get a completely new shade so it is very versatile and great for travel. 


6) Covergirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Masacra
Now I love the Lash Blast line by Covergirl and I believe they have awesome mascaras but this one is my favourite. I have a problem with clumped lashes so this really gets them separated and the brush curves so it fits all my lashes. 


7) Balea Pink Clay and Shea Butter Brightening Mud Face Mask
Now you can only buy this product at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada which sucks but I thought I would mention it anyways. This mask is great for drawing out impurities, as clay tends to do, but many times, clay can leave my skin tingly and irritated but this mask has the added Shea Butter which really smoothes it out and causes no irritation. This mask is great for when I have a breakout. 


8) Mac Lustre Lipstick in the colour See Sheer
Now you probably know by now of my YouTube addiction and another one of my favourite YouTube beauty girls CarahAmelie03 swears by this as her all time favourite lipstick so I went out and got a hold of it and you know what? I agree with her. This is such a beautiful shade that I feel would suit anyone's skin tone and it being a Lustre means it is super soft and moisturizing on the lips. 

Well there you have it readers. BEDA is complete! Stay tuned tomorrow for a very special Thank You post. 

Have an amazing day!

Stay Happy!!!

- Cate W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips