Monday, January 20, 2014

In The Kitchen With Cate: Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce (Original Recipe by: A Family Feast)

Hello everyone,

I am back today with a new cooking post.

I love experimenting with new recipes so I have decided that I am going to try doing a brand new cooking post at least twice a month. My goal is to try and do one every week (going up on Monday) but I don't want to make a promise I don't know if I can keep so at least twice a month is doable to me.

I also want to try branching out and maybe doing some baking posts as well. Let me know in the comments if there is anything in particular you would like to see.

For Today's post I decided to spice it up (literally) and cook a bit more of an ethnic dish.

I was browsing through Pinterest (which if you haven't already, you can follow us right here) as per usual and came across this delicious Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce recipe by the website A Family Feast and it looked delicious so I thought I would give it a try.

*Disclaimer: This recipe was created and is owned by the writers of www.afamilyfeast.com and I just recreated it. You can find the original recipe here or by clicking on any of the images below. 


4 or 5 pieces of Cut Up Chicken Breasts 

Half a Teaspoon of Salt


Half a Teaspoon of Ground Coriander

Half a Teaspoon of Ground Cumin 

Half a Teaspoon of Ground Cloves 

Half a Teaspoon of Ground Cardamom 

Half a Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon 

Half a Teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper

A Quarter Teaspoon of Chilli Powder

A Quarter Teaspoon of Turmeric 

Mix Up All the Spices and Pour Them Over Top the Chicken

Make Sure ALL the Chicken is Coated and let Marinate for Around 30 to 40 Minutes

Add About 15ml of Vegetable Oil to a Large Frying Pan and Heat

Add 1 Cup of Chopped Red Onion and 5 Cloves of Garlic (The Original Recipe Called for 2 Jalapeño  Peppers Which I did not Add Because They Scare Me but You Can if You Would Like) 

Cook Until Onions are Soft

Remove Mixture and Set Aside 

Add Half the Chicken to the Pan 

And Cook Till There is No More Pink

Set Aside the Cooked Chicken With the Onion Mixture and Repeat Rest of Chicken 

Add 4 Teaspoons of Cornstarch to 400ml of Coconut Milk 

Whisk Together

Bring to Pan and Cook Until Thick Making Sure to Continue Whisking 

Once Mixture is Thick, Add the Chicken and Onion Mixture that We Set Aside Previously

Add 3 Tablespoons of Chopped Basil 

And One Tablespoon of Finely Chopped Ginger 

Cook for Around 5 Minutes

And We Are Done

You Can Serve This Delicious Recipe Over Some Rice

This recipe was super delicious and quite easy to make. I thought it would be more complicated since I generally stick to simpler recipes but it was easy to follow. 

I would recommend maybe adding a bit more salt to give it some more flavour, especially if you skip the jalapeño like me. 

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments below if you try this recipe or tweet me pictures. 

- Cate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips