Monday, March 17, 2014

In the Kitchen with Cate: Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce (Original Recipe by Seeded at the Table)

I am on a roll, for cooking at least. This week I am back with another cooking post. I am definitely feeling a lot better than last week and my stuffy nose is slowly but surely dissipating.

Today I am making, as the title above shows Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce which I found on the lovely Nikki's blog Seeded at the Table.

*Disclaimer: This recipe is not my own. I found this recipe on the blog www.seededatthetable.com and just recreated it. You can find the Original Recipe and Post by clicking here.

Add your Apricot Preserves (I could not find preserves so I used Jam instead) and Dijon Mustard to a bowl

Mix the Two Ingredients together and cover the bowl up with a piece of Saran Wrap and set in the Fridge to cool 


Lightly beat your 1 egg in a bowl and set aside for later use

In a Big Bowl add your Coconut, Flour, Ground Garlic (I used 1 Clove of Fresh Garlic because I did not have Ground), Salt, and Pepper 

Coat your piece of Chicken in the Egg first 

And the Coconut and Flour Mixture second

Add your Melted Butter over top and Bake at 400 Celsius for 30-40 Minutes

Once out of the Oven, Serve the Chicken with Rice and pour your Apricot and Dijon Sauce over top and Enjoy!


This recipe was so delicious and so simple to make. I have to really give kudos to Nikki for being bold enough to combine three very distinct flavours (Coconut, Apricot, and Dijon) into one dish and have it work so beautifully. 

I'll admit that I was skeptical at first which was one of the reasons why I wanted to try this recipe out but I was pleasantly surprised. 

If you're in to bring a little flavour to your dinner table then make sure to give this recipe a try. 

- Cate 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips