Monday, March 31, 2014

What I've Been Loving Quarterly

As many of you know, I used to do monthly favourites posts showing the products I was reaching for each month but I have been finding that a little too much.

I don't generally buy a lot of products and if I do, I save them for more in depth reviews so it was getting harder and harder to pick which products I was loving each month.

I have decided that I would now do favourites post 4 times a year (every 3 months). That way I will have more to show you.



I read this book pretty quickly in the height of sickness (which coincidentally fell on Reading Break this semester). One of my History Professors mentioned that me read it and it really intrigued me, particularly because of my obsession with all things Kennedy. Clint Hill was Mrs. Kennedy's Secret Service Agent during her time as First Lady and for a while after. I adored how this book was not salacious; those types of tell all books really annoy me. I loved how Clint really just talked about his job and what it entailed. It was clear that he and Mrs. Kennedy had a good working relationship and it was nice to read about all Mrs. Kennedy's travels throughout her short years as First Lady. 

This is the best drugstore dry shampoo I have ever tried. I used to be in love with Batiste but I found that this does just as good of a job as Batiste but without leaving my hair entirely grey. 
*Quick Tip: Apply dry shampoo the night before instead of in the morning when your hair is already oily. It works much better at absorbing oil when it comes as opposed to soaking it all up when it is already there. 

This body wash is perfect for the colder weather. I love that my skin feels like I don't even need lotion after my shower. It also doesn't have a scent which is good for sensitive skin. 

This cleanser is super affordable and it does the trick for stubborn breakouts. It contains Salicylic Acid (my personal acne poison of choice) which really clears out my skin and the micro scrubbing beads are awesome and not scratchy. 

I used to use Pantene back in the day but my hair has become too thin for it until now. This duo truly is weightless. I love that it gives my hair that gorgeous shine and silkiness that Pantene is known for without weighing my hair down and making it feel greasy. 

If you have intolerant skin that hates scent then this should be your holy grail cleanser. This cleanser is free of fragrance, preservative and parabens which can cause even the toughest skin irritation. I also love that you only need a pea sized amount and it lathers so well and gets your face squeaky clean. 

This is another holy grail/cult favourite product and with good reason. It is good for sensitive skin (as most Aveeno products are) and it really does help to brighten your skin complexion and of course it has SPF 15 which is essential for the daytime. 

This foundation is incredible if you love heavy coverage (which I do). It covers everything you could possibly want covered without the need to pile on extra concealer. 

This is a random favourite but it really has saved me during my sick phase this year. This spray just contains Sea Water and it works so well. It helps clear my nose which in turn helps me breathe better, a win win in my book. 

Another product that saved my life during sick days. I used this on a piece of paper towel and put it inside my pillow case and the strong scent of eucalyptus kept me breathing sounder during the night. 

This lip scrub is awesome and it smells/tastes delicious. I use it at night and then put on some heavy duty lip balm and wake up with smooth lips. 

This lipstick I purchased on a whim but I love the colour. It is so not me, I tend to gravitate towards nude colours but this is a great colour to transition from. Not too dark but not too light. I have never tried a Bourjois lipstick or product before but I love the texture and how smooth it makes your lips.


These are all the products that I have been loving these past three months. Make sure to let me know what you have been loving in the comments below!

- Cate 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips