Monday, April 28, 2014

In the Kitchen with Cate: Turkey Burgers

Turkey burgers are a great, healthier alternative to beef or pork. There are so many ways to season and dress your burgers.

Today I am going to show you my favourite way to eat my turkey burgers.

I use Lean Ground Turkey Breasts for my Burgers

I use one egg white...

and add it to the ground turkey and mush it in together. It may feel gross but always wash your hands after!


I also take 1/4 cup of diced onions as well as the juice of half a lemon. 

For spices I like to keep it simple. I usually use about 15ml of Seasoning Salt, around 8ml of Sweet Paprika, and around 5ml of Oregano Flakes. 

I add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix them all together. 

Once the mixing is complete, I cook my burgers on the George Forman Grill just because it is easiest.  Because the Turkey is lean, there is no fat that comes out. Approximate cooking time is around 4 to 5 minutes on each side but you can gage that for yourself. 

Now you can eat your burgers any way you want. I like a close of cheese, some spring lettuce, and mayo. 

Now there you have it. Turkey burgers are great for lunch and dinner. Make sure to leave in the comments below your favourite way to make and season your burgers. 

-Cate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips