Monday, August 11, 2014

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I have had a hard time finding a drug store foundation that I am absolutely in love with.

I love Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation so so much. It has amazing coverage (so much so that I don't even need to wear extra concealer) and it doesn't budge all day but at 40 bucks a bottle, it is a splurge. So I have always wanted to find something a bit more affordable that I can love just the same.



The Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation claims to make your skin feel awake and radiant each and every morning so I decided to put these claims to the test.


Product Info: This foundation is available at most drugstore and will be around $11.00 to $13.00 Canadian dollars.

Consistency: This foundation has a rather thick consistency (similar to the Estee Lauder Double Wear) but not as easy to blend out.



How I use it: I am not a big fan of using makeup brushes to apply my foundation. I have never found a good one I adore and generally find my fingers to do a much better job at application. Like I mentioned above, this is harder to blend so I think that warmth of your fingers is the best for these types of foundations.

My Thoughts: Now, the first thing I have to comment on is the coverage. The coverage is a medium coverage despite the thickness of the formula. I don't find it covers all my imperfections and I do find myself having to add extra concealer to cover up post acne marks and uneven skin tone. I also find that the coverage is not that long lasting. It tends to sink into your pores and line and create that dreaded look. Second of all, I would say that the colour of the foundation is a bit off. Now because I have a bronze skin tone I find that a lot of foundations will have an almost ashy undertone which looks a little strange on my skin and makes my skin looks almost dead which I found to be the case with this one.

Overall: I would give this foundation about a 2.5 out of 5 stars. I think it could be improved in a lot of ways, especially in terms of blendability and lasting quality. I also think that the shade selection is not very versatile especially for skin tones that would be darker than mine. I do however think that if you use a good concealer and pressed powder over top, you will be able to salvage this (which I have been able to do) but on it's own I would not recommend it.

Thanks for reading this post and make sure to leave your thoughts on this foundation in the comments below. Also let me know your favourite drugstore foundation because I am on the lookout for a new one to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips