Monday, August 26, 2013

BEDA Day 26: Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser


Hello everyone and welcome to Day 26 of BEDA,


Today is a cleanser review and a very popular face cleanser to boot. We are talking about the Philosophy Purity Made Simple facial cleanser. This cleanser is a cult favourite amongst those with combination skin because it is said to be good enough to balance the skin by removing a lot of oils but not too much which a lot of cleansers can do, leaving the skin too dry and stripped.

I have been using this cleanser for about 3 weeks now every night to take off my makeup (I use my Clean and Clear cleanser that I did a review on (line here) in the morning). I use this cleanser in conjunction with my Clarisonic (review on the Clarisonic here) and I have to say that this cleanser does an excellent job at removing my makeup and making sure my skin is extra clean.


As I have combination skin, I was quite hesitant in using a cream based cleanser because normally those with combination skin are advised to go with gel formula cleansers as they tend to have less moisturizing properties but this cream based cleanser does do a great job at balancing the skin and making sure that it is not over dried.

One problem I will say that I have with this product is the smell. It is very potent and the ingredients list black pepper as one of the ingredients (which I can definitely smell). I don't think this product is great for sensitive skin types because the scent is way to overpowering and completely unnecessary.

I was a bit disappointed that I purchased the larger bottle because I do not use this cleanser anymore at night and have switched to a new one (will do a review once I use it more). I have put this in my shower now and use it on days when I shower in the morning. If you have sensitive skin I would really avoid this. It is very disappointing because this cleanser does a great job at balancing the skin, if only the scent was not as harsh!

I hope you enjoyed this little review. I will see you tomorrow for Day 27 of BEDA.

Stay Happy!

- Cate W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips