Thursday, December 12, 2013

DIY: Easy Body Scrub

Hello everyone,


So another week has gone by and we are closer to Christmas and Kwanza so I thought I would do an easy, inexpensive DIY gift for you all today that you can make for your loved ones this Holiday Season.

I usually do half home-made gifts for my friends each year so I always looks for affordable gift ideas that aren't too complicated because I am not so crafty.

I was browsing blogs and came across this wonderful DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub from the blog The Idea Room and I thought I would share my experiences of making this with you.

*Disclaimer: This recipe was taken from Amy at www.theidearoom.com and belongs to her. I am just trying out this DIY myself. You can always visit Amy's site and find the original recipe by clicking on the images below.

First things first

You need 1 cup of Granulated Sugar. 



Next you will need 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil or Almond Oil. 





Add the Oil slowly, making sure to mix as you go (you may need more or less Oil, I found I needed a bit more).



Next you can add a few drops of your favourite Essential Oil. You can use any scent you prefer. I went with the classic Lemon that Amy used in her post. 




Once you are all done you can package your scrub however you like. I chose Mason Jars I got from Target and you can use ribbon to decorate your finished product!





I hope you enjoyed this simple DIY and let me know if you will be making these this year as gifts for your loved ones, or even yourself!!!

Stay Happy!

- Cate W. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips