Sunday, August 17, 2014

Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-Boosting Moisturizer With Mangosteen Review

Hello again everyone, 

Today I am going to be doing a skincare review for you. This time on a bit of a higher end item. I purchased this about a year ago and did not like it at first so I stopped using it and I decided to give it another try and share with your my thoughts the second time around. 


Product Info: I purchased this product at Sephora with a gift card I received and it was on the pricier side at $45.00 for a 50ml, standard size bottle. 


Consistency: The consistency of this moisturizer is on the thicker/goopier side. The moisturizer itself is white but it has coloured particles in it which react to the pigment of your skin and change the colour of the lotion to best match your individual skin tone, pretty cool right? 


How I Use It: I only use this moisturizer in the morning because of the tint and the SPF. I use this with and without foundation. I find, because it gives a tint, it makes for a nice base for foundation but it can also be worn alone because it does a good job of evening out skin tone for a seamless, no makeup look.

My Thoughts: I think this is a good moisturizer but it does leave my skin a bit shiny with an overcast, kind of in the same way a higher SPF sunscreen does which is not great for photos or for me as I have quite an oilier T-Zone in the summer time, so this moisturizer highlights that.

Overall: I think this is a great concept for a moisturizer, one that does provide a light coverage to even out skin texture and tone. Who doesn't want that? But with the excess shine, people with oilier skin types just can't afford the extra shine this gives to the skin. 

Have you tried the Origins VitaZing Moisturizer? What are you thoughts? Don't forget to interact and share in the comments below. Also make sure to let me know your favourite daytime moisturizer as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips